Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gordon Hughes York Financial Services Inc.

My thirty year career began at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. I moved on to the credit field in private industry. In 1971 illness struck a family member so I moved back home to PEI. I started a business in fire and flood clean-up and repairs. An allergy to chemicals used in that business motivated me to sell it and returned to the financial industry.

This time I became more involved in people's lives as a financial planner, estate planner, retirement planner and investment adviser. I love it. There are so many ways to help people enhance their lifestyles no matter what happens in an uncertain world. Recently I've realized that I've got a real gift for saving people money during major systemic market failures. My clients are ready to buy back in at lower cost of shares.

This saved them years of setting aside money toward their retirement goals.

NOTE: I don't favor market timing (reacting to daily, weekly, monthly fluctuations in the market). But I also do not favor staying invested when you see a certain drop of 40% or more coming within a year or two.

Recognizing systemic flaws that cause major market declines is where I appear to excel. I moved my clients to safety in 2001 and again in 2007. They didn't lose money in 2002-2003 or during this year (2008). They sold high and will increase their wealth more now by buying low. Any questions? Post an inquiry or visit my website at www.smartchoicelife.com

No comments: